Thursday, May 23, 2013
Reasons to Drink Lemon Water
How I start my day is very important to me, because to me its like a new beginning. A fresh new start. I always look forward to breakfast, its one of the things I think about when I go to bed (other than trying to end the day with positive thinking, a little prayer for my family and all the people in the world who needs it and some stretching to keep flexible).
Just recently, to add to my morning breakfast, I've started having a simple cup of lemon water (preferably warm). Here are a few reasons of mine:
1. Get my dose of Vitamin C and potassium to boost my immune system.
2. To get a better alkalized body. Lemons are acidic on their own but inside our bodies they turn alkaline. We humans should strive for an alkaline body for good health.
3. Helps loosen toxic from the digestive tract.
4. Clears skin with the help from its Vitamin C.
5. A natural diuretic. Helps you to clear all the toxins in the body faster.
Such a simple thing like lemon water everyday could help with so much with your well being. There are actually more benefits but reminding myself of these 5 every once in awhile is good enough for me.
I also like to add a bit of chia seeds to my water for extra healthy fats!
at 10:38 AM