Ingredients:Makes around 16 bars
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
- 20 fresh pitted medjool dates
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/3 cup goji berries (optional)
Recipe is taken from my fav health food website http://www.jessicasepel.com , inspired by http://nourishyourroots.blogspot.com.au/
- In a food processor or high speed blender add in the almonds, walnuts, pepitas, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and bee pollen, then pulse a couple of times to roughly chop the ingredients. Place aside in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the dates in the food processor or high speed blender, along with the coconut oil, cacao and vanilla essence. Blend the ingredients until you reach a smooth consistency. You my need to stop it a couple of times to scrape the sides, and add a little extra coconut oil (or water).
- Once you have reached a smooth consistency, add together in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Now also add in the rolled oats and goji berries, and mix it all together (sometimes a spoon just doesn’t cut it, you’ll need to get your hands in there!).
- Once it is well combined, press the mixture firmly into a 11 x 7 inch baking pan and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes, cut them into bars, and place them in an air tight container (I like to store them in the fridge then too). They will keep for a week in the fridge.
Can't wait to have my own food processor and own domain too!